Friday, August 21, 2009

Sara Tetley, Coastal Cottage Watercolor Artist

Check out these beautiful watercolors of beach cottages...these are some of my favorites from artist Sara Tetley. Be sure to stop by her shop on Etsy. (Etsy is an online cooperative of sorts for people to sell their handmade goods.)

From Sara...
"I’m an architect and I first learned to watercolor in college in Auburn, Alabama, where Muir Stewart (who paints the renderings for floor plan houses in every Coastal Living magazine) was our professor.

I hadn’t painted for awhile, when I discovered the small towns of Beaufort SC and Tybee Georgia. I fell head over heels with the classic vintage cottages and laid back ambiance. Of course just being near the water was magical, but the bright sunlight on the buildings was totally inspiring. I paint to keep in touch with those feelings. I hope my paintings bring a little bit of the seaside to wherever they are placed."

No comments:

Post a Comment