Saturday, July 18, 2009

What's this blog about?

A dream of my "retirement years" with DH (Darling Husband) is to buy and sell cozy little homes, restoring and selling them fully decorated in one of three main themes–Beach Cottage, Craftsman Bunglow and Woodsy Retreat.

My inspiration is designer Jane Coslick who buys, restores and decorates tiny little beach shacks in Tybee Island, Georgia. Her work is adorable, comfy and extremely "livable."

I love the idea of taking a small home (sounds more "do-able" for us than a big place) of about 1500 square feet or less, that is in need of some TLC. Turning it into a warm and cozy place for an individual or couple...maybe they want to retire there, maybe it's a seasonal home.

My requirement for these homes is this: they must be within walking distance of something worth walking to! Maybe it's the beach, maybe it's a path in the woods or maybe it's a quaint downtown where you can sit at a cafe, read the paper and enjoy a coffee. And someone says "hi" to you by name! If it's within walking distance of all three...then we have hit a jackpot!

And that's just one of the "Trilogies."

Good things come in threes they say. I don't know who "they" are or if they really said it, but it's been a family philosophy of Pearsons for a long time.
  • My sisters and I are a set of three. (And maybe they will join us in this venture!)
  • My husband, daughter and I are a set of three.
  • Beaches cottages, Craftsman bungalows and woodland retreats are my three main design specialties and loves.
  • Our retirement feels like the third major phase of our lives. (There was "before being married," "all the stuff in between" and then "retirement."
  • And of course, there was life "before DD (Darling Daughter)," "life with DD" and "life once DD goes to college" which might be just about the time we get into full gear on this idea!
So, I invite you to come along on this ride with us. Watch for my design ideas, designs I am attracted to, photos of the kinds of houses we'd like to buy or create, and any generally related thoughts and ideas.

Margaret Pearson Pinkham
Sebastopol, CA

Margaret@OrganizeInHarmony.com or
Margaret@TrilogyCottages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment